Remember- you must refresh your screen in order to see the most current bid!
AS IS – WHERE IS!
8AM (PST) Thursday, May 25th, 2017.
BIDDING CLOSES: 7 PM
(PST) Tuesday, May 30th
using a "STAGGERED" and "SOFT CLOSE".
BIDS PLACED VIA ONLINE BIDDING SERVICES ARE FIRM COMMITMENTS TO PURCHASE AND MAY NOT BE CANCELED OR RETRACTED FOR ANY REASON.
LOCATION: 2357 Fair Street, Chico, CA
Load Out: Wednesday, May 31st
and Thursday, June 1st
- 9 AM to 3 PM
During the run of the Silver Dollar Fair - Thursday, May 25th - Monday, May 29th - During Fair Hours. Click Here to get General Fair Information
This is an Auction House!! The buyer is responsible to determine the condition of the lot they are bidding on. The Auction House is Not!! All items are being sold AS IS WHERE IS! Items are Available for Inspection!! BidCal, Inc. will pass on any information, good or bad, that the seller gives to us in describing the items. However, it is up to buyer to determine the condition of the lot they are bidding on. BidCal, Inc. assumes no responsibility in the accuracy of the descriptions.
ALL BIDDERS MUST REGISTER
DON’T WANT TO TAKE THE TIME TO REGISTER– CLICK HERE!:
BUYERS PREMIUM AND SALES TAX:
Applicable sales tax and a 13
% Buyer's Premium will be added to each item purchased. 10% of the buyer's premium will be donated to the Silver Dollar Fair Foundation while the bid price will go to the students who made the project.
Applicable California Sales tax of 7.25% will apply UNLESS:
• Farm Tax Partial Exemption Certificate:
Reduces Sales Tax to 2.25% for qualified purchases.
• Resale License & Certificate:
Removes all sales tax for qualified resale purposes.
• Bill of Lading / Out of State Buyers:
If you are purchasing from out of state and do not wish to pay the California Sales Tax you must have your items shipped through a qualified 3rd Party Trucking Company and fill out the Authorization of Release Form
. A Bill of Lading from the trucking company must be provided to BidCal at time of pickup. Again, the trucking company must be from a legitimate 3rd party trucking company (You can’t just send a friend down and say they are trucking for you . . . even you good folks up in Oregon!).
• DMV Items: Sales tax will be collected by the DMV when you go to register the vehicle into your name.
An invoice will be emailed to you after the auction concludes. A BidCal Representative will be contacting you on Wednesday, May 31st after the auction closes to arrange payment and pickup. We will be able to charge your credit card over the phone, you can mail a check, or you can bring cash to the office. Once the invoice is paid, we will email you a "paid in full" invoice. Please bring a copy of your paid invoice with you at the time of pickup.
The Buyer is solely responsible for picking up his/her own purchases.
All Auction lots located at Silver Dollar Fairgrounds, 2357 Fair Street, Chico, CA
may be picked up on Wednesday, May 31st
and Thursday, June 1st
, between 9 AM to 3 PM
Sharp. You will need to check into the main fair office to pick up your items. Don't waste a trip by showing up on Tuesday to pay or load out! Pickup begins at 9AM on Wednesday, May 31st
. ALL ITEMS MUST BE REMOVED BY THURSDAY, JUNE 1ST
PM, UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH THE AUCTION COMPANY.
Forklifts will be available to assist with load out
By accepting these terms, Buyer agrees that Buyer is solely responsible for safely moving, loading, removing from the auction site and transporting the above item(s) on Buyer’s equipment in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Any assistance given by Auctioneer or its staff in loading such items onto Buyer’s equipment will be at Buyer’s direction and sole risk and will not absolve Buyer from Buyer’s sole responsibility for safely moving, loading, removing and transporting such item(s). Buyer shall defend, indemnify and hold Auctioneer harmless from any and all damages or claims of others arising from Buyer’s breach of Buyer’s obligations set forth above.
Bring the appropriate vehicle to pick up your items! Don't ask us to load an elephant into the back seat of a Volkswagen!! By not bringing the appropriate vehicle for load out, you tie up our forklifts and manpower for the rest of our customers causing a delay in their load out.
to see examples of inappropriate vehicles brought to auction for load out!
Also, BidCal crew will not assist in driving rolling stock onto trailers, offer suggestions on how to load, where to place or how to tie down your purchases.
$5 - $99 Increment is $5
$100 - $249 Increment is $10
$250 - $999 Increment is $25
$1,000 - $9,999 Increment is $50
$10,000 or more Increment is $100
Policy On Buy Backs:
There isn't one! If an auction has buybacks, then it "aint" an auction!!
If you are aware of a seller bidding on their own item, call Rob 530-624-2213 immediately. The seller will be verbally assaulted and banned from selling in future auctions. If buyers feel they may be bidding against the seller, the whole business model of the auction is jeopardized. Therefore, BidCal does not tolerate any seller "hanky panky" or buybacks!
Please call BidCal, Inc. @ (530) 345-0840.
1. You are responsible for knowing and understanding these terms.
1A. Although BidCal, Inc. has taken extraordinary steps to prevent technical failures in the Online Auction business, if a technical failure does occur, BidCal, Inc. reserves the right to extend or alter the closing time of a particular auction in order to preserve the intentions of the buyers and sellers.
1B. According to the California State Board Of Equalization, the Buyers Premium is considered part of the purchase price and is required to be taxed.
2. All articles of merchandise are offered "As Is, Where Is" in units of measure as announced at the time of sale. No claim will be considered for allowance adjustment or rescission of any sale based upon the failure of the property to correspond to any particular standards or expectations of the buyer. The auctioneer reserves the right to group, modify, increase, diminish or delete lots at his sole and absolute discretion. While descriptions are believed correct, the Auctioneers or Owners make no warranties or guarantees as to genuineness, authenticity of, or defect in any lot and will not be held responsible for advertising discrepancies or inaccuracies. It is for this reason that buyers should avail themselves of the opportunity to make inspection prior to sale. All sales are final, when awarded to the successful bidder. Buyer accepts full responsibility for all purchases made and hold the Auction Company and Owners free of any liability in the event of theft or disappearance of any items purchased. All purchases must be checked out by an authorized Auction Company representative before leaving premises.
3. The auctioneer may refuse to accept or acknowledge any bid which is merely a fractional advance over the preceding bid, and in the event of a tie bid, the auctioneer may reopen the bidding to determine the highest bidder. All sales are final upon the award of bid. THE FULL PURCHASE PRICE SHALL BE PAID SALE DAY AND IN ANY EVENT PRIOR TO THE REMOVAL OF ANY LOT. In the event the purchaser fails to pay the full purchase price for any lot within the prescribed time, or fails to comply with any other terms of sale, the auctioneer shall retain a possessory lien on all lots of the purchaser, and all of the purchaser's merchandise in the possession of the auctioneer. Purchaser shall pay all deficiencies resulting from such re-sale, together with all charges, fees, commissions and expenses in connection with such re-sale. The auction deposit shall be retained by the auctioneer for application against any such deficiency, expense or charge.
4. PURCHASER SHALL MAKE HIS OWN ARRANGEMENTS FOR INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR ALL ITEMS PURCHASED.
5. The purchaser hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless BidCal, Inc. and the seller, against any and all liability, loss, costs, damages and other expenses arising from the loading out of equipment by BidCal, Inc. on the purchaser's behalf.
6. No lots may be removed until the conclusion of the auction although invoices are available for payment at any time. All lots must be removed within the time announced or posted at the sale, at purchaser's sole cost and risk, and only in a manner approved by auctioneer. If for any reason the purchaser fails to remove any lot within the time specified, the lot shall be deemed abandoned, and the auctioneer may resell per Paragraph 3 above, or remove from the auction site, and/or store the said lots at purchaser's sole risk and expense. In addition, purchaser shall be liable for any rent incurred or damages suffered by auctioneer because of the purchaser's failure to timely remove any lot. Prior to the commencement of dismantling, rigging or cutting or any operation affecting buildings or land, purchaser shall furnish certificates, satisfactory to auctioneer, holding auctioneer harmless for any claims concerning damage or injury to persons or property arising out of any such acts. All equipment used in connection with removal, shall itself be removed with the purchased lots.
7. Sales taxes will be added to purchase of all taxable items. Dealers who purchase for re-sale must pay said sales tax or provide a re-sale certificate to the auctioneer in the name of the registrant before items are removed from sale site. Purchaser must also comply with all local laws and all ordinances regarding sale of property at auction.
8. All rights, privileges and powers reserved or granted to auctioneer in these Terms of Sale shall be deemed reserved and granted to auctioneer's employees, advertising representatives, and all owners for whom the lots are being sold.
9. Auctioneer does not accept responsibility for the failure of any equipment sold to meet the safety standards on classifications of equipment by the Department of Labor Safety and Health Regulation, CALOSHA, Federal OSHA or the Environmental Protection Agencies. It is the express responsibility of the buyer to determine what safety equipment must be in service on any machinery purchased and to comply with these regulatory requirements prior to using any equipment, machinery or vehicles purchased from Auction.
10. The purchaser may be responsible for obtaining a California Smog Certificate for any vehicle purchased. Buyer hereby certifies and acknowledges his/her understanding that a certificate of compliance is required to be obtained, certifying that any vehicle specified in subdivision (b) of Section 24007 of the Vehicle Code complies with the provisions of Part V (commencing with Section 43000) of Division 26 of the Health and Safety Code, before such vehicle may be registered in this state, unless the vehicle is sold to a dealer or for the purpose of being wrecked or dismantled or is sold exclusively for off highway use. Furthermore, buyer hereby agrees to indemnity and hold harmless BidCal, Inc. the registered owner, and the legal owner, against any and all liability, loss, cost, damages, fees of attorneys and other expenses arising from the purchase, acquisition, delivery or obtaining of certificate of compliance of any vehicle which does not comply with the California vehicle emission standard.
11. In the event BidCal, Inc. is required to employ an attorney to enforce any term of the agreement, purchaser agrees to pay reasonable attorneys fees, in addition to all court costs.
12. A bad check over $25 written to BidCal, Inc. will be prosecuted as a felony.
13. When a bidder's awarded the "top bidder", that bidder instantly becomes the new owner of that item and is completely responsible for that item.