Auction Terms & Conditions
START AND CLOSE:
8AM (PST) Saturday, May 31st, 2008.
Lots will have a "STAGGERED" and "SOFT CLOSE" beginning at 9AM (PST) Wednesday June 4th, 2008.
What is a "SOFT CLOSE"??
If a bid is submitted and confirmed during the last 2 minutes before closing, the time will be extended on that lot by 2 minutes. This will continue until a full 2 minutes pass without a new bid on that lot.
All Items are Available for Inspection! It is important that the buyer avail themselves to the inspection periods. Ramay Auctions will pass on any information, good or bad, that the seller gives to us in describing the items. However, it is up to buyer to determine the condition of the lot they are bidding on, and Ramay Auctions assumes no responsibility in the accuracy of the descriptions.
Items are located at two different locations.
1.) Items located at the Sutter County Corp Yard (275 Samuel Drive Yuba City, CA) may be inspected on Monday June 2nd, 2008 from 9AM to 3PM and Tuesday June 3rd, 2008 from 9AM to 3PM.
2.) Items located at 4936 Bell Road Chico, CA may be inspected on Saturday, May 31st from 8AM to Noon ONLY!
ALL ITEMS MUST BE PAID FOR WEDNESDAY JUNE 4TH!
You are the new owner and are responsible for your purchase as soon as the auction closes for that item. Payment must be made on Wednesday. Cash, Certified Check, Credit Card, or wired funds will be accepted. A representative will be at the Yuba City auction site (275 Samuel) with your invoice and will be available to collect payment starting at 11AM. If you are not able to pay on-site Wednesday, Ramay Auctions will be in contact with you to collect credit card or wire information over the telephone. For Payment and Pickup of the Auction lots located in Chico, please call the office @ 530-345-0840. A representative will be at the Chico Auction Location on an "as needed basis". Just let us know when you are planning on being there.
TAXES AND BUYERS PREMIUM:
Applicable sales tax and a 13% Buyers Premium will be added to each item purchased.
The Buyer is solely responsible for picking up his/her own purchases.
Auction lots located at the Sutter County Corp Yard: (275 Samuel Drive Yuba City, CA), may be picked up on Wednesday June 4th, starting at 11PM to 5 PM Sharp, and on Thursday June 5th from 8AM to 3PM Sharp.
For Payment and Pickup of the Auction lots located in Chico, please call the office @ 530-345-0840. A representative will be at the Chico Auction Location on an "as needed basis". Just let us know when you are planning on being there.
ALL ITEMS MUST BE REMOVED BY THURSDAY, JUNE 5TH BY 3PM UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH THE AUCTION COMPANY.
Local Lowboy services are available through Ramay Auctions. 530-345-0840.
All vehicles are being sold with clear titles.
Smog certificates for publicly owned vehicles are the sole responsibility of the BUYER. All smog related repairs if needed are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
If a vehicle is consigned by a private party, smog certificates will be provided to the buyer.
Titles will be signed over to the new buyer at the time of pickup. Trip permits are required if a previous county vehicle will be driving from the auction site. Trip permits will be available for $17.
Publicly owned diesel vehicles and equipment with a 14,400 GVW or greater, that have not been retrofitted to operate in California, may have to be sold to out of state buyers only. It is up to the buyer to determine if this particular lot is permitted to operate in California. Ramay Auctions only guarantees legal title of this vehicle. Ramay Auctions does not guarantee what state this lot can or cannot operate in. For more information on Air Resource Board Regulations, you may contact the State of California Air Resources Board.
Please call Ramay Auctions @ (530-345-0840).
1. You are responsible for knowing and understanding these terms.
1A.) Although Ramay Auctions has taken extraordinary steps to prevent technical failures in the Online Auction business, if a technical failure does occur, Ramay Auctions reserves the right to extend or alter the closing time of a particular auction in order to preserve the intentions of the buyers and sellers.
2. All articles of merchandise are offered "As Is, Where Is" in units of measure as announced at the time of sale. No claim will be considered for allowance adjustment or rescission of any sale based upon the failure of the property to correspond to any particular standards or expectations of the buyer. The auctioneer reserves the right to group, modify, increase, diminish or delete lots at his sole and absolute discretion. While descriptions are believed correct, the Auctioneers or Owners make no warranties or guarantees as to genuineness, authenticity of, or defect in any lot and will not be held responsible for advertising discrepancies or inaccuracies. It is for this reason that buyers should avail themselves of the opportunity to make inspection prior to sale. All sales are final, when awarded to the successful bidder. Buyer accepts full responsibility for all purchases made and hold the Auction Company and Owners free of any liability in the event of theft or disappearance of any items purchased. All purchases must be checked out by an authorized Auction Company representative before leaving premises.
3. The auctioneer may refuse to accept or acknowledge any bid which is merely a fractional advance over the preceding bid, and in the event of a tie bid, the auctioneer may reopen the bidding to determine the highest bidder. All sales are final upon the award of bid. THE FULL PURCHASE PRICE SHALL BE PAID SALE DAY AND IN ANY EVENT PRIOR TO THE REMOVAL OF ANY LOT. In the event the purchaser fails to pay the full purchase price for any lot within the prescribed time, or fails to comply with any other terms of sale, the auctioneer shall retain a possessory lien on all lots of the purchaser, and all of the purchaser's merchandise in the possession of the auctioneer. Purchaser shall pay all deficiencies resulting from such re-sale, together with all charges, fees, commissions and expenses in connection with such re-sale. The auction deposit shall be retained by the auctioneer for application against any such deficiency, expense or charge.
4. PURCHASER SHALL MAKE HIS OWN ARRANGEMENTS FOR INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR ALL ITEMS PURCHASED.
5. The purchaser hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Rob Ramay Auctioneer and the seller, against any and all liability, loss, costs, damages and other expenses arising from the loading out of equipment by Rob Ramay Auctioneer on the purchaser's behalf.
6. No lots may be removed until the conclusion of the auction although invoices are available for payment at any time. All lots must be removed within the time announced or posted at the sale, at purchaser's sole cost and risk, and only in a manner approved by auctioneer. If for any reason the purchaser fails to remove any lot within the time specified, the lot shall be deemed abandoned, and the auctioneer may resell per Paragraph 3 above, or remove from the auction site, and/or store the said lots at purchaser's sole risk and expense. In addition, purchaser shall be liable for any rent incurred or damages suffered by auctioneer because of the purchaser's failure to timely remove any lot. Prior to the commencement of dismantling, rigging or cutting or any operation affecting buildings or land, purchaser shall furnish certificates, satisfactory to auctioneer, holding auctioneer harmless for any claims concerning damage or injury to persons or property arising out of any such acts. All equipment used in connection with removal, shall itself be removed with the purchased lots.
7. Sales taxes will be added to purchase of all taxable items. Dealers who purchase for re-sale must pay said sales tax or provide a re-sale certificate to the auctioneer in the name of the registrant before items are removed from sale site. Purchaser must also comply with all local laws and all ordinances regarding sale of property at auction.
8. All rights, privileges and powers reserved or granted to auctioneer in these Terms of Sale shall be deemed reserved and granted to auctioneer's employees, advertising representatives, and all owners for whom the lots are being sold.
9. Auctioneer does not accept responsibility for the failure of any equipment sold to meet the safety standards on classifications of equipment by the Department of Labor Safety and Health Regulation, CALOSHA, Federal OSHA or the Environmental Protection Agencies. It is the express responsibility of the buyer to determine what safety equipment must be in service on any machinery purchased and to comply with these regulatory requirements prior to using any equipment, machinery or vehicles purchased from Auction.
10. The purchaser may be responsible for obtaining a California Smog Certificate for any vehicle purchased. Buyer hereby certifies and acknowledges his/her understanding that a certificate of compliance is required to be obtained, certifying that any vehicle specified in subdivision (b) of Section 24007 of the Vehicle Code complies with the provisions of Part V (commencing with Section 43000) of Division 26 of the Health and Safety Code, before such vehicle may be registered in this state, unless the vehicle is sold to a dealer or for the purpose of being wrecked or dismantled or is sold exclusively for off highway use. Furthermore, buyer hereby agrees to indemnity and hold harmless Rob Ramay Auctioneer the registered owner, and the legal owner, against any and all liability, loss, cost, damages, fees of attorneys and other expenses arising from the purchase, acquisition, delivery or obtaining of certificate of compliance of any vehicle which does not comply with the California vehicle emission standard.
11. In the event Rob Ramay Auctioneer is required to employ an attorney to enforce any term of the agreement, purchaser agrees to pay reasonable attorneys fees, in addition to all court costs.
12. A bad check over $25 written to Rob Ramay Auctioneer will be prosecuted as a felony.
13. When a bidder's awarded the "top bidder", that bidder instantly becomes the new owner of that item and is completely responsible for that item.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms