Auction Terms & Conditions
How the Auction Works
- Lots are available to view anytime on the website. Bidding will open on August 27th.
- The auction is live for bidding August 27th - 29th.
- On the 29th the first lot is set to close at a 2 PM. After that the lots are set to close in a stagger by lot order.
- This auction has a soft close, which means that within the last 2 minutes of the lot, if there continues to be bidding activity on that lot, the time of close will extend by 2 minutes until all bidding activity is done with that lot.
- Bids are being placed by the head, what that means is if you place a bid for $1,000, it is for the whole animal, not $1,000 per pound.
- Bids will be fixed amounts (not traditional BidCal Max bidding) What does this mean? If the bid is at $500 & you bid $1,000, the computer will automatically put you in at $1,000.
- There is no buyer's premium on this auction.
- After you have won a lot you will receive an email Docusign document to indicate whether you want your lot to be a custom harvest or consigned to resale. Those emails must be returned no later that 5 pm on Saturday, August 29th. Otherwise the animal will be consigned to resale.
- Multiple Buyers: If you have multiple buyers you can indicate so on the emailed dispensation form or call the office to add buyers.
THIS IS A TERMINAL SALE!
All animals must be designated "Resale" or "Custom Process". No live animal pick-up of auction animals allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Payment is being handled by the Butte County Fair.
They accept cash, check, Visa or Mastercard (3% fee for credit card)
Checks payable to :
Butte County Fair
PO Box 308
Gridley, CA 95948
- Payments past 30 days of purchase will be assessed late fees.
Resale & Custom
Custom Process & Return:
The Butte County Fair has made arrangements for the animals to be sent to a federally inspected USDA processing facility for harvest. After processing, the carcass will be delivered to your choice of one of these designated lockers:
Chico Locker & Sausage - 343-7370
Wagon Wheel Market - 589-1824
You must make arrangements with the locker for cut & wrap instructions & pay the locker directly for those charges.
Custom Harvest Fees
Beef - $230
The animal is consigned back to the processor for Resale. The buyer pays the difference between bid & resale price and receives no meat in this disposition.
Example: Steer weighs 1100 lbs., Resale price (market rate) = $.90 ($990), bid = $3000; difference= $2,010 (your share).
Resale amounts are calculated by the weight of the animal.
Beef - $.85
Carefully consider disposition of your purchase. DISPOSITION CHANGES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AFTER BILL OF SALE HAS BEEN SIGNED.
Custom Cut & Wrap Processing
Once you have designated "Processing" or "Resale", your decision is final.
YOU MAY SELECT FROM THE FOLLOWING LOCKERS ONLY.
Cut & Wrap Prices will be billed by the Locker.
Chico Locker & Sausage - 196 E 14th Street, Chico CA 95928
Steers - $1.25/lb
Wagon Wheel Market - 4607 Olive Hwy, Oroville, CA 95966
Buyer Informational Example
* Prices are examples only, and do not represent current market prices.
** Prices are examples only, of payment to butcher shops when you pick up meat; based on carcass weight or flat fee.
You will receive approximately the following amount of meat cut, well trimmed, and ready for your freezer.
At 1,200 live weight will yield approximately a 750 pound carcass…
Steaks * Ground Beef * Roasts * Stew Meat * Ribs * Shanks * Brisket
(Hides and offal not included) for your enjoyment, at a cost of approximately
*Cost per lot . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $3,000.00
*Process charge . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 277.00
*Cut and wrap fee** . . . . . . . . . . . $ 967.50
Total . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $4,244.50
Call the fair office at (530) 846-3626
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms