Auction Terms & Conditions Welcome to the 2020 Yuba-Sutter Fair Jr Livestock & Vocational Projects Auction
We are excited to welcome you to the first ever Yuba-Sutter Fair Jr. Livestock ONLINE Auction! The Jr. Exhibitors have worked hard all year raising their animals and your support is greatly appreciated. Purchasing a market animal is a great way to support the area’s youth, fill your freezer with a locally raised quality wholesome product and it also supports our local economy.
The sale is organized by the Junior Livestock Auction Committee, an Advisory Committee of the 13th District Agricultural Association Board of Directors. The auction is open to qualified members of organized chapters/clubs representing FFA, 4-H, and Grange as well as Independent youth exhibitors from the Yuba-Sutter area. The auction includes a variety of exhibits to bid on including Vocational Projects, Lambs, Goats, Steers, Bred Replacement Heifers, Hogs, Chickens, Rabbits and Turkeys. All of the exhibits have been graded "Market Ready.” All junior exhibitors selling animals have participated and completed a state approved Quality Assurance & Ethics Awareness Training to promote proper animal care, food quality and safety standards of the livestock exhibits. This is a terminal sale. All animals sold in the auction must be harvested with the exception of the bred replacement heifers. No live pickups of livestock exhibits sold in the auction will be permitted with the exception of the bred replacement heifers.
How the Online Auction Works
- The auction is live for bidding August 7th & August 8th.
- Each animal and vocational project will be sorted in the sale by a lot number. The sale lots will be available to view and bid on the website starting on Friday, August 7th @ 8 am. The first lot is set to close at 1 pm on Saturday, August 8th. The following lots are set to close in a staggered form by the lot number.
- The sale lots will be sorted in order by species. The champions of each specie will be the lead lots of that specie. The following lots of that specie will be sorted by alphabetical order of the exhibitor’s last name.
- The species sale order will be as follows: Lambs, Hogs, Steers, Goats, Turkeys, Chickens, Rabbits, Vocational Projects and conclude with Bred Replacement Heifers
- All animals have a starting minimum price. The starting price represents the bare minimum for each lot. Our goal is to raise much more than the bare minimum amount for each exhibitor, as they have much more invested than the bare minimum price.
- If you are out bid, you will receive a email to tell you that you have been out bid on that lot. If you have the BidCal Mobile App you will receive a notification on your phone that you have been out bid. You may bid again at your desire.
- Bids are being placed by the head. What that means is that if you place a bid for $1,000, it is for the whole animal, not $1,000 per pound.
- Bids will be fixed amounts (not traditional BidCAL Max bidding). What does this mean? If the bid is at $500 & you bid $1,000, the computer will automatically put you in at $1,000.
- This auction has a soft close, which means that within the last 2 minutes of the lot, if there continues to be bidding activity on that lot, the time of close will extend by 2 minutes until all bidding activity is done with that lot.
- There is no buyer’s premium on this auction.
- Upon being the winning bidder of a sale lot you will receive an email Docusign document to indicate whether you want your lot to be custom harvest or consigned to resale. Those emails must be returned no later than 5 pm on Saturday, August 8th. Otherwise the animal will be consigned to resale.
- Multiple Buyers: If you have multiple buyers you can indicate so on the emailed dispensation form or call the fair office to add buyers to the invoice prior to it being processed and sent out
Mininum Starting Bids:
Steers: $2,000 per head
Lambs: $700 per head
Goats: 700 per head
Hogs: $800 per head
Rabbits: $100 per pen
Chickens: $100 per pen
Turkeys: $100 per pen
Bred Replacement Heifers: $1,500
What are your options as a buyer?
- The winning bidder of each lot will have the choice of (1) CUSTOM PROCESSED or (2) RESELLING THE ANIMAL. Details of each option are as follows:
Option 1: CUSTOM PROCESSED
- Choose this option if it is your desire to take possession of the meat and have the animal’s product in your freezer ready for consumption.
- The Yuba-Sutter Fair has made arrangements for the animals to be sent to a federally inspected USDA processing facility to harvest the animal. The harvest fees will be added to the winning bid price and included on your sale invoice. The harvest fees for each specie are below.
- Following harvesting, the carcass will be delivered to your choice of one the below local butcher shops where the carcass will then be cut, wrapped and prepared for you to pick-up and take home.
- You will need to contact the butcher shop to provide them with your specifications of how you wish to have the product cut and wrapped. You will be responsible to pay the butcher shop directly for the cut & wrap charges, which are included below.
- Any meat left over 30 days at the butcher shop will be charged $45.00 per month per animal for storage.
Option 2: RESELLING THE ANIMAL
- This option is available for buyers who do not desire the meat. This option allows you to sell your purchase to a packing plant arranged by the Yuba-Sutter Fairgrounds at the stated resale price and never take any physical possession. You will be billed for the difference between the resale price and the winning bid price.
Example: Steer weighs 1250lbs. Resale Price is $.80/lb. which equals $1,000
Your Winning Bid Price is $4,000;
The difference is $3,000, which is the amount that you will be responsible for paying.
- Resale Prices: The resale amounts are calculated by the weight of the animal. The official certified weight will be determined upon delivery after the sale. The animal’s non-official weight will be listed on each lot.
How to Add-On Support to the Exhibitors
If you don’t want to buy an animal, but still wish to support all of the exhibitors or an individual exhibitor you have the following options:
1. ONLINE ADD-ON Procedure:
- Online Add-on Support will be available through bical.com from August 7th thru 8th.
- You can add-on to an individual exhibitor through the online auction while the sale is taking place by looking up that individual’s lot.
- You can purchase a general support add-on that will be equally applied among each specie to all exhibitors in the sale.
2. FAIR OFFICE ADD-ON Procedure:
- The fair office will be accepting add-on’s from July 15 thru August 14th.
- You can provide add-on support to an individual, a certain group, or all the exhibitors by coming into the fair office and completing an add-on form.
- The add-on forms are also available on our website at www.ysfair.com on the Jr. Livestock Auction page.
Custom Cut & Wrap Fees & Options:
Custom Harvesting Fees: These fees will be added to your invoice.
5860 Feather River Blvd, Olivehurst, CA 95961
Office: (530) 742-0284
Swine: $1.29/lb (Curing $1.29/lb)
4607 Olive Highway, Oroville, CA 95966
Office: (530) 589-1824
Swine: $1.35/lb (Curing $1.35/lb)
Alexander's Custom Cut & Wrap
1515 Ashby Lane, Newcastle, CA 95658
Office: (916) 759-1433
Cash or Check Only
Lamb: $90/hd Over 100lbs, $1.00 per lb
Goats: $90/hd Over 100lbs, $1.00 per lb
Resale Market Prices
Terms of Sale - Payment is being handled by the Yuba-Sutter Fair rather than BidCal.
- Invoices will be mailed to the buyers upon the completion of the online auction.
- Payment: CASH, CHECK, OR CREDIT CARD (Visa, MC, or Discover)
- Make your checks payable to the YUBA-SUTTER FAIR.
- You can mail the fair a check: 442 Franklin Avenue, Yuba City, CA 95991 or drop it off at the Fair Administration Office.
- Payments are past due if not paid within 30 days after the invoice date and will be subject to a late payment penalty of $50.00 or 5% of the balance, whichever is greater, plus 1½ % per month (18% annual percentage rate).
The buyer, or authorized agent, who signs for the purchase on the sales sheet assumes final responsibility for the payment of the bill. If there is more than one buyer purchasing an animal, the purchase will be split and each buyer will be invoiced separately. THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF BUYERS ON AN ANIMAL IS FOUR.
This auction is a terminal sale. There will be no live pick-up of animal lots, with the exception of the Bred Replacement Heifers.
Call the Fair Office: 530-674-1280
442 Franklin Avenue
Yuba City, CA 95991
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms